Elise Olivia Mair was born November 16, 2011 at 1:49pm. She weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 18 inches long. I had been put on bed rest the week before she came because I had developed pre-eclampsia and my blood pressure was high. I was scheduled to be induced at 37 weeks. My parents just happened to be in town and so my mom was here and able to help with Evi and Adler. Also my sweet sister in law Jessica and her family were living in our basement while waiting for their house to be built so I didn't have to worry about a thing! So much better than when Adler was born! We arrived at the hospital the morning of the 16th and got checked in and hooked up and I was already having contractions on my own, which I didn't realize I was having! They still gave me some petocin to help speed up the process. I progressed quickly and had a pretty easy delivery, if there is such a thing! After coming home from the hospital she had to be on a bili blanket at home for a high bilirubin level and we had to go in for several pokes to make sure she was getting better. I think she had the blanket for almost a week. She is now almost 15 months and is the family clown! She has such a happy personality and can make any one smile! She started walking a week or two before her first birthday. She says "mama", "all done", tickle tickle", "ball", "dada" (although up until the last week she has called Jerimiah "maa", she has refused to say dada). She can tell you where her nose, eyes, ears, hair, teeth, tummy, and toes are. She knows what a cat, dog, and monkey says. She loves to pester the other kids while playing but also loves to be doing the same thing they are doing. She loves to give kisses and hugs and she thinks it's funny when people squeeze her cheeks which is a good thing because they get squeezed A LOT! We love this little girl and couldn't imagine our family without her!





No comments:
Post a Comment